Thursday, October 13, 2011

CATW Practice 1

         A recent bill has been passed that allows many young people who are illegally in the U.S to pay in-state tuition rates. I disagree with the article "An Education in Citizenship". I disagree on students illegally here paying an expensivily rate on colleges and universities.
         I disagree with the passage due to my own personal expirence. I am a student who is a legal citizen and currently recieving financil aid. I decided to pursue my career, and in order to accomplish those goes; I need education. I would'nt be able to attend if I dont have the financial support. I believe that it shouldn't matter wether a student is a legal U.S  citizen or an illegal citizen. If a student wants to accomplish their goals and attend college, they shouldn't have to pay more then expected. Immigration citizens have the same right. "Why and what is the reason they have to pay more than U.S citizens?" I understand that there are many individuals with low income, this is why there are loans and other types of sorces we can apply for. Immigrant or not.
        Another reason I will discuss is from the text I read. There has been an estimated 3,000 immigrants in Illinois who are paying this extreme ridiculous amont (more then U.S. Citizens). With this being said, it's because their own parents paid and continue to pay taxes, and the Illinois college can conclude that if their parents pay taxes, then it is ok to pay the in-state tuition. (but not many immigrants have this easily)
        Consequently, the article "An education in citizenship" Chicago Tribune is a passage about immigrants paying expensive amounts of tuition more than legal citizens. I wasn't consisted with the article. The two reasons i menthioned were myself bing a U.S citizen and reciving financial support and a supporting detail from the passage about 3,000 immigrants in Illinois paying a massive amount of in-state tuition just because their parents pay taxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment