Tuesday, October 25, 2011

CATW PRACTISE #2

         Many public facilities and hospitals around the world haven't been providing the best care for the poor, uninsured, and the psychiatric individuals. In a case with a woman named Esma Green, she died in a waiting room under the eye of security cameras because nurses walked by and never notised or bothered to check her. Several people suffer from chronic conditions, or basic easy treated illness that can be cured with medicine, but cannot afford, but many of them with little support ended up in overtaxed emergency rooms. I agree with the quote "There is just no place for them to go" exempted from " The Woman Who Died In The Waiting Room by Jeneen Interland.
        I agree with the quote "There is just no place for them tp go" due to my own personal expiernce. My mother had a stroke recently and ended up in a hospitals emergency room. We patiently waited for doctors to assist us, but we were told that there were no rooms available. After about 8 hours, she finally recieved a room. During these extreme long hours of waiting, doctors were not assisting her the way they should have been. They were busy having a conversation on the party they went to the night before. Right under their eye, my mothers sugar level and potassium level dropped very low and I had to run and chase after them to assist my mother. They were horrible at everything they were doing. I  had to basically be the doctor by doing whatever means possible to make sure she didn't get worse. "I mean come on"! "They never even questioned me about any of her medications. I took them out of her purse and wrote them down on a piece of paper and showed (after chaisng him) the dotor. Come to find out , the medications were one of the causes of her stroke.
        Furture more, another reason why I agree with the quote " There is just no place for them to go", is because I have a 33 year old brother who was born with Spina Bifida, and when he was first born, I was told that he was going to be institutionalised. My mother at the time was working and going to school to further her education and couldn't handle a newborn with a disability. Arriving at the institute, she couldn't believe her eyes. There were other children and adults with special needs being treated like animals, walking around naked and not getting the care that they needed. It was crowded and my mother had began to get the feeling that my brother wasn't going to be in a sfe environment. She decided to quit school and give her full attention to him. As of today, I am proud to say that my brother is a 33 year old walking and talking individule whos accomplished his masters degree and is now working with children with special needs himself.
       Consequently, there were two reasons Iv'e had chosen to write about. My mother who recently had a stroke and had difficult standards at the hospital and my brother who was going to be institutionalised because of his disability, and staff members not giving the best care. Just like Esma Green who died in the eye of a camera, I would now think twice of what hospital I'd go to because there are good ones where the staff, nurses, and doctors treat you with respect, and the service is quick, and we also have our undergraded ones where it's just horrible at everything that they do.

1 comment:

  1. Grait Job Girl! I like it. I am so lucky that you were the one who comment in my previous post because you are absolutely right. I will keep in mind every point.

    Thanks,


    Hava a wonderful evening!

    Zoila

    ReplyDelete