Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Revision of CATW 1

         Recently a bill has been passed in the Illinois House that allows many illigalized U.S citizens to pay in-state  tuition rates. "It shouldn't of been". Citizens expect for the government to follow the law, especially helping them with their rights and responsibilities. It was also stated that the nation shoudln't of passed this law and now it can not be ignored. To be a legal citizen in the country seems to have more of an advantage then being an illigal citizen. In the passage I have read "An Education in Citizenship" Chicago Tribune. I agree with the quote "No one wants to see  any able student deprived of a higher education.
         I am currently attending LaGuardia Community College after completing twelve grades of school and I am also a U.S citizen. It would totally crush me if I wouldnt be able to continue my education and complete the masters degree im trying to accomplish to become the Physical Therapist im begining to pursue. When my mother was alive, she couldn't attend school because she was an illegal immagrant and couldnt really speak English.  Nor she recieved help from the government or any type of financial support to help her pay for school because she wasn't a wealthy person. Though she did complete her twelve grades of school in Dominican Republic, stepping foot into the U.S didn't help her at all.  Due to the factor of this, she worked as a stay at home mom and instead of living a well educated and welthy life, she lived a life full of financial struggles, basically no support from anyone and fought for everything she needed for her children. It shouldn't matter where one is from weather you are a citizen or a U.S citizen, no one should be denied going back to school and accomplishing their goals to become successful in life.
             Furthur more another reason why I agree with the quote "No one wants to see any able student deprived of a higher education" is from my own personal experience when I couldn't attend school because I had a loan to pay off. Before this semester I attended Laguardia Community college back in 2008 and I wasn't able to continue my education until I cleared up my loan. As a result of this, I started working job to job with no dergrees and was basically living off paycheck to paycheck. I didn't have the money to pay the loan off and didn't have any financial support from the government nor anyone. I felt useless and uneducated and felt that in every job I worked at , the employers would judge me negatively. I eventually became fed up and when I finaly recieved my taxes I paid my loan in full and readmitted back to school. If it weren't for the tax check I recieved to pay my loan off, I would had still been working job to job with no degree, and it would had bothered me to the extreme too because I too am a hispanic U.S citizen.  I want to proove myself to the world that I can become a very important somebody.
             Nevertheless, wether you are a U.S citizen, or a U.S citizen, It shouldn't matter to the world if you agree on attending school. I agreed with the quote "No one wants to see any able student deprived of a higher education" because If you dont choose to further your education, basically you will become useless to the community. Now a days, jobs want to see degrees on the resumes and proove your education to them. My mother was the first reason I mentioned, when the government didn't help her, and she just became a stay at home mom going through struggles. The second reason was myself readmitting back to school. If I would had choosen to stay home doing nothing instead of pursuing my education , I would had been a (NOBODY). that jobs would had continued discriminating agains't.         

No comments:

Post a Comment