Thursday, November 17, 2011

Revise of the 2nd blog

        There has been a tremedous amount of hospitals around the world who have not been providing the best care for the uninsured, phychiatric patients and the poor individuales. In the article "The woman who Died tn the Waiting Room by Jeneen Interland states that a woaman by the name of Esma Green wasn't in the greatest care while waiting in the waiting room for the reason that she died right under the eye of security cameras as well as not even a sole, having the courtacy to even check her. It also indicated that several people do suffer from chronic conditions of basic treated illnesses that can be cured with medication, but cannot be afforded, as a result, many of them just with little support ended up in over taxed emergency rooms. I agree with the quote "There is just no place for them to go".
       I agree with the quote "There is just no place for them to go" due to a school I attended in 2008, my class and I were informed about a facility called The WillowBrook State School  that contained mentally distured individuales from new born babies to the eldery. This institute was build around the 1930's, It was a school meant to accumulate only 2,000 patients but was overcrowded with 6,000. The lack of staff members made it difficut for them to approach all patients to care for them. Patients were walking around undressed and sitting around as if they were animals on the grounds, tubes etc..  and did nothing for entertainment. They were physically and mentally abused and when starved and hungry, they would eat each others feses due to the lack of food. Parents and loved ones were informed that their patient were recieving the best care though they were never allowed to enter without a schedualed appointment. The school finally closed in 2003 thanks to the president paying a visit and viewed how they really were living in those horrible conditions.
        Another reason why I must agree with the quote "There is just no place for them to go" is from my own personal experience with an elderly woman my mother has been friends with for 30 years. This woman is 80 years of age and has been residing in a nursing for 15 years and still counting. Eveytime we decide to give her a visit, we find that she isn't sitting with everyone else in the cafeteria. I had witnessed with my own eyes patients rooming together with 3 and 4 beds inside since the requirement of rooms were needed. She had explained to my mother that she felt unsafe wondering if pateints or staff members were going to steal from her, so she brought herself a lock. She also felt that she didn't have her privacy anymore, changing most of the time in the room in front of others because staff members would be to occupied assisting others. One day my mother's friend slipped and fell and banged her head on the ground and I was the first one to the scene. I was the one who assisted her first and provided her with napkins to clean her head because she'd had blood rushing out her face. I had to run to a staff member so they can call the ambulance to take her to the hospital. These staff members usually sat around and did nothing, I use to see patients asking for things and needing assistance and guess who was there everytime to give a helpimng hand? Yes me! This lady had nowhere else to reside so she had no other choice but to live in this facility that was becoming crowded by each minute.
          Consequently, I chose to agree with the quote "There is just no place for them to go" for two reasons, first reason I explained was that I was informed about a school by the name of The WillowBrooke State School which was held for the mentally challenged people, and a personal experience I encountered having to do with my mothers friend residing in a nursing home. I believe that when facilities begin to witness the crowdiness towards patients in these ways, they should be able to transfer them elsewhere because it 's just unhealthy and ridiculous and can cause dangerous insidents.

No comments:

Post a Comment